Wednesday, August 30, 2006

gannas:

Its all you really need.

Man I wish I had Gannas... I wish I could stave off the false-desire to do nothing...

Epicureanism describes that the three true desires for happiness are friendship, freedom and an analyzed life. Although Epicurius himself was a complete atheist, I believe he has some very good points. If you analyze all advertising, they will make attempts at desplaying their product in such a way that it will appeal to your desire to have friends and or freedom and thus attempt to align their advertised product, often something you do not need, with something you truely need. The analyzed life is something advertising rarely attempts to portrey because it is far more difficult to comprehend yet it is really the only thing I have going for me.

No comments: